Tharpanam is done only for departed beings, that is, those who have passed on. Tharpanam is not done for those who are alive.
If you don't know the name of an ancestor, that is fine. Just state the relationship alone and offer tharpanam for that ancestor.
Can one do tharpanam for more than 12 departed ancestors?
The answer is yes. But that is a more advanced procedure.
When to do Tharpanam?
Tharpanam should be done at sunrise. There is a tradition that says that tharpanam should be done at noon. If this is your tradition, please do follow that.
Where to do Tharpanam?
You can do tharpanam right in the comfort of your home.
But it is that much more effective to do it in temples and on the banks of sacred rivers.
If you can do tharpanam in the Pitru Moksha temples and sacred spots, that would be the best.(Rameswaram Temple is one of the most powerful spot for tarpanam ritual)
HUNGRY GHOST FESTIVAL
If your ancestors are not resting peacefully, then they can cause much disruption and hardship in your life.
(to perform the daily and monthly secret tantric tarpanam ritual by yourself you can learn in our Tantric Astrology Consultation - for appointment call 012-910 7301) click below http://www.iksacademy.com/about-tantric-astrology.html
Can the son do tharpanam if the father is alive?
The most serious misconception regarding tharpanam is the idea that if the father is alive, the son should not do tharpanam. The son has a pitru debt just as the father does. So it is important to shed this misconception rightaway. The father can do pitru tharpanam and so can the son and the son's son. In fact, if all three do it together, the pitrus will be very pleased!
Can women do tharpanam?
Women can do pitru tharpanam just as well as men. Think of this key point: If there are no sons in a family, does that mean the ancestors should be starved of tharpanam? The answer is NO. The daughters can certainly do tharpanam. Preferably women should use white sesame seeds in their tharpanam.
PLEASE READ THESE POINTS CAREFULLY BEFORE DOING THE PITRA THARPANAM OR PITHRU THARPANAM.
1. Pithru Tharpanamis done only for departed beings, that is, those who are dead. Pithru Tharpanam is not
done for those who are alive.
2. If you don't know the name of an ancestor, that is fine. Just state the relationship alone and offer
Tharpanam for that ancestor.
3. If you know the gotra lineage of a person, say it just before you mention the relationship, e.g., Sri Vatsa
Gotra great grandfather Muruga or Vadhoola Gotra friend Suresh in the examples above. If you do not
know the gotra of the person or you do not know what gotra is, just ignore this step.
4. For those who wear the sacred thread, change it to your right shoulder at the beginning of the Pithru
Tharpanam ceremony and back to the left shoulder at the end of the ceremony. There are special mantras for this step. If you don't wear the sacred thread, ignore this step.
5. Can also do Pitra Tharpanam for more than 12 departed ancestors.
6. There are special mantras for each specific ancestor. These special mantras will have their special effect
7. The Pithru Tharpanam has to be done at the Sunrise; some people follow the procedure of doing this
8. The Pitra Tharpanams could be done in the comfort of your house. It is very wonderful to do in the designated temples or on the banks of sacred rivers. It gives very good results, if it is done at Pithru Moksha
temples or sacred spots.
9. Pithru Tharpanam or Pitra Tharpanam can be performed by the following peoples. Elder Son/ other Son/ Wife/ Daughter/ Second wife/ Son or daughter of the Second wife/ Son or boy born out of wedlock.
Do's and Dont's while doing Pithru Tharpanam:
1. Never do this Pithru Tharpanam without taking head bath and your body & mind should be clean and calm.
2. Must do this Pithru Tharpanam on empty stomach (no coffee/water too)
3. Never eat Non Vegetarian foods on the day that you do this ritual.
4. It is highly sinful to offer Non Vegetarian foods / alcohol to the departed souls.
5. It is highly damaging to mix sesame seeds with any non vegetarian foods.
6. Should not take bath (for the whole day) after completing Pithru Tharpanam / Pujas.
7. It is always good to offer foods to those who are in really need of it.
8. Never do Pithru Tharpanam on your Jenma Nakshatras.
9. It is good to visit temples after completing the Pithru Tharpanam.
The Process of Rebirth and The Cycle of Birth and Death
The ancestors must always be worshipped first…Hell and Heaven is right here among the species…we all must account for our actions-if you bark at people you will become a dog in the next life or gossip a lot will become a frog…when these ancestors are caught up in the lower levels of life then the cycle of birth and death ceased, and women in the family are unable to give birth to babies…causing extinction of the family.
TO AVOID CHILDLESS COUPLES AND GUARANTEE SUCCESSFUL LIFE THE ANCESTORS MUST BE WORSHIPPED AND REMEMBERED BY PERFORMING PITRU PUJA OR HONOURING OF THE PAST SOULS DURING THE TIME OF PITRU PAKSHA. ( MUCH LIKE THE CHINESE HUNGRY GHOST FESTIVAL AND AMERICAN HALOWEEN FESTIVAL )
To perform advance rituals by yourself to get your ancestors blessing for successful and peacefull life you can learn the secret techniques in our Tantric Astrology Consultation
- for appointment call 012-910 7301
- for appointment call 012-910 7301
May Your Ancestors Bless You with Good Health, Wealth, Prosperity and Enlightenment